Sunday, June 20, 2021

So I'm starting a new blog

 I wasn't feeling my old one anymore.   I wanted a new blog that's 90% going to be a focus on losing weight and getting this Glamma, which is a cute name for a woman who's young and glamourous and has grown kids that have kids of their own.  And I'm totally glamourous sitting in my flip flops and unshaved legs 😂

2020 was well, both good and bad for me.  We bought a new house with a small acreage, 10 acres to be exact.  Got some horses, which was a dream cause I've been a horse lover for decades and had a horse until we got married.   So to get a horse again after 30 years, it was fantastic. 

But we did a lot more calling out for food cause we wanted to support the local restaurants when they were shut down for dine in thanks to the pandemic. And that came with a weight gain, which is NOT what I needed.   

And even though I've got a Peloton bike, Peloton treadmill, hundreds of fitness DVDs, a home gym with 2 Olympic bars and a bunch of weights,  a couple fitness streaming sites, plus all the free stuff off YouTube, I've been a giant SLACKER 😬  Which has not helped me either control any weight gain, or improve my fitness level. 

So I started this week to get my crap together and get back to it.  Then I got a gut punch.  Got a couple workouts in and got a nice cold from my granddaughter, who at not quite 2, thinks snotty kisses are a great thing.  Oh, and our air conditioner died.  When it was 90 degrees outside.  😲  And of course the part we need isn't in stock and was ordered but won't be here till Monday.  So we're sitting here in a house that yesterday got up to 90 degrees.  Thank goodness a thunderstorm came through and cooled it off outside and we got the house down to 73. And a cold front is moving in today so it will be better.

I ordered these shoes yesterday.


I do love Brooks running shoes. Wore them a lot when I was working full time and I've worn them back in the day when I walked/jogged.  So I'm going to get back on that treadmill and do some classes on that treadmill to help get back into shape.

I'm also going to hit that bike at least once a week, and do some CrossFit style workouts once a week and do a DVD or streaming workout once a week. 

And back to loosely tracking macros.  Mostly making sure I'm getting enough protein in.  

So, I'll make sure I blog here to keep anyone who cares, updated on my progress.  Its mostly going to be fitness, but maybe a little beauty, skin care, etc.  And maybe even a review or two on gadgets, DVD, classes I take and that sort of thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...