Monday, September 30, 2024

Well that sucked


 So I went on antibiotics for about 10 days due to an infected cat bite.  My own fault for getting bit.  Anyway, I had a 10 day course of Bactrim and Clindamycin.  I finished up on Wed.  Noticed a bit of a rash around my right forearm close to where the bite was.  Nothing much.  Thought I rubbed up on something taking care of my horses or the fly spray I sprayed the horses down with got on me.  No big deal

WRONG

I woke up Thursday like this


And the rash didn't just cover my back.  Oh no.  On my chest, belly some down my legs.  I even had a few hives on my toes. And on my face as well.  Thank goodness not much on my face cause well, having facial hives was making me a little like "am I going to start getting throat swelling?"  

So itchy  I literally wanted to scratch my skin off cause if my skin was off, maybe it wouldn't be itchy anymore.    It got worse, and worse and worse as the day went on. 

Finally I went into the doctor on Friday and well. I'm on Prednisone now.  And Benadryl, and Pepcid cause Pepcid also has antihistamine properties.  and to double up on my Zyrtec for a week.  

I am SO DRY now.  My mouth and lips feel so dry.  And I still look like some sort of runaway from a leprosy colony.  But it's fading.  And it's no longer itchy.  Thank goodness.  I hope in a few more days I won't be covered in a rash cause it does just look bad.   And sweat still makes it feel itchy, so I'm going to reduce my intensity of workouts for a few more days.   Cause I'm finally getting better, and I don't want to go backwards.   

Here's hoping that my rash goes away really quickly and I can get back to crushing my workouts again really soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well that sucked

 So I went on antibiotics for about 10 days due to an infected cat bite.  My own fault for getting bit.  Anyway, I had a 10 day course of Ba...