Sunday, January 2, 2022

Well, things changed

 So my last blog, I had started STS.  I completed week 1, feeling good.

Then my mother in law passed away.  So, things got weird, real quick for quite some time.

Hubby and his brother went to Texas, where my in laws wintered, to help father in law out and bring him back for the funeral.  Then he went back to Texas cause he had some medical procedures he wanted to keep cause if he stayed in Iowa, he'd have to start all over again to get it done. 

He's home now. Doing as good as can be expected after losing his wife of 63 year.  I say 63 years cause they were days away from their 63rd anniversary, and that's close enough for me to say 63 years.

So my workouts have been a little hit and miss for a couple months.  But I'm ready to get back to it.

In the last few weeks I've really been thinking of what goals I want to hit. And the biggest goal I want right now, is to get much stronger.  So I'm going to go back to weight lifting 3 days a week to start with, then I might bump it up as I get my workouts back on track.

I am going to follow this program, for at least 8-12 weeks

 


I've done the first stage before and I enjoyed it.  After I get done with stage one, I'll see if I want to continue, or move onto another program.  I'd love to be able to say "I did the whole year" but my workout ADD just won't let me.  So instead I'm going to just say I'm going to do the first stage, then make up my mind.  I hope I can at least do 2-3 stages cause each stage is different.   And you can pick lifting 5 days a week, 4 days a week or 3 days a week with this program.  Right now, I'm going to do 3 days a week and get a little cardio in 1-2 days a week.   Then I hope by stage 2 to move to the 4 day a week and keep the cardio 1-2 days a week.

Another goal is to get my workouts back to 4-6 days a week.  I use to workout 4-6 days a week all the time.  I was in good shape. And better yet, I felt great.  Had energy to spare. Now I'm dragging around, not sleeping well.  So its time to get that back.  These first couple weeks will be a bitch I'm sure.  I'll be sore, cranky, tired and struggling with cleaning up my eating too. This last couple weeks has just been eating to much, to much junk, and nothing that healthy.

So this week, I'm cleaning my fridge, tossing old food, stocking up on fruit, veggies, and getting them back in my diet.   In fact, here in a little bit, I'm going to make a smoothie, my mango/veggie smoothie cause I need to start today!

And I'm going to get started on making YouTube videos on my progress too.  So I'm going to be a busy woman.  But I want the energy to chase my granddaughters around when spring/summer comes around, so if I start now, by warm weather, I'll be a much healthier fitter grandma, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...