Tuesday, December 5, 2023

I can thank a friend!

 I'm back blogging thanks to a friend.  She started a blog this month, and she's totally inspired me to get back into my blog.  

Crush it

A link to her blog, if you are interested.

I can also thank her for the workouts I've done in the last couple days.   She had gotten out a lot of her old and I'm talking OLD fitness books, books by Cory Everson, Joyce Vedral, etc. and some of the corresponding workout videos   And a few of them, I have, or had.  I went digging though some of the totes I STILL have yet to unpack, after nearly 4 years after our move.  It was totes FULL of books.  What can I say, I LOVE to read.  And love buying books.  And rereading books.  So I have 2-3 storage totes full of books. Half I've read, half I have yet to get around to cause my to be read pile will never ever be less than 100 books.  Cause I also own both a Kindle and a Nook, and both have multiple books I have read, or need to get around to reading. 

Anyway, I found 2 books.  Bottoms Up by Joyce Vedral,


and Body Flex Body Magic by Anja Langer

a bodybuilder who was very popular around the time Cory Everson was winning Ms Olympia. 

I also bought, or actually repurchased, SuperFlex by Cory Everson


and Hard Bodies by Gladys Portugues.

I also found Train like a Bodybuilder by Erin Stern. 


Now I have so many fitness books and such, that I should be the fittest person in Iowa, but alas, being lazy these last few years, and enjoying foods that are not healthy in any stretch of the imagination have led me towards being the chunky(fat) grandma with Type 2 diabetes.  Sigh.  I mean I must have 20+ fitness books, with eating plans, workouts, motivational tips, etc.  And some I've done, some I've not, and oddly enough, when I do the plan, even half ass it, I tend to get into better shape.  Gee imagine that🙄

So I've been being looking at these books, Remembering a time when, back in the 90s, I followed, loosely, a program in the Cory Everson book, and got in pretty darn good shape.  Of course, I was in my 20s, so... I'm sure that had a lot to do with it lol. But still.  If I could use programs from these books, and get myself back on the weight loss wagon, I'd be thrilled!  I put back on about 2lbs from my 24lb weight loss, thanks to to much stupid Halloween candy, and of course Thanksgiving.  

But until Jan 1 2024, I am mostly going to work on just maintaining what I've lost.  I refuse to allow myself to gain anymore.  Of course if I lost 1-2lbs I'd be very happy, but for now, maintaining what I've lost would be great.  But just keeping the 22-23lbs I've lost off through the season of food, no sunshine, and just wanting to hibernate would be great.  Cause once Jan hits I can sort of almost tell that the sun isn't going down QUITE so early.  I mean it's literally only 2-3 min later than it goes down on the longest night of the year, but by the end of the month, it's more like 20-30 min later.  And going down closer to 5:30pm rather than 4:50pm does make a difference to me, and my just wanting to hibernate like a bear.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you! This makes me so happy. Sometimes old school wins the day, especially when in this season and it's so ugly and hibernation reigns supreme. I'm glad you've jumped on the wagon. Spring is coming, and our oldies but goodies will get us through this dark zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll do a couple Joyce, 1 pure cardio day, a Firm or something similar, and then whatever trips my trigger. I'd like to be consistent with working out 4-5 days a week

      Delete
  2. You know, I think just being consistent with working out is key. So we both may be in our 50s, but I got in good shape in my 40s by being consistent. I think it will work for both of us in our 50s as well. CRUSH IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need, to just be consistent with something 4-5 days a week. Been pretty good hitting a workout 2-3 days a week, so I just need to add 1-2 more days a week in

      Delete

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...