Monday, July 5, 2021

OMG I did a workout!

 So I've been a bit on the lazy side here lately.  I'll admit it.  My favorite hobbies all involve sitting.  Playing video games, watching movies, surfing the net, reading.  They all involve sitting.   

And once you get out of the habit of working out its hard to get back into it. Or at least it is for me.   I've done a random one here or there, but nothing consistent.  And that's not going to improve my fitness level AT ALL.  Oh maybe just for that day, but take the rest of the week off and any improvement I got goes away.

So I have made a fitness planner, made some goals, and some rewards, and I WILL get my butt up, off the recliner, off my laptop, away from World of Warcraft 😨 and down to my gym and workout.

Here's what I did today.


I did the Oregon walk.  Its about a 30 min lower impact aerobic workout.  Oh a beach looking over the ocean.  I guess the beach was in the movies The Goonies, but its been 2-3 decades since I've seen that movie so I don't remember it lol.

My goals for July are to do 13 workouts.   After I do 7 workouts, I can get either a new pair of leggings, capris or workout shorts, or I can get 2 workout tank tops.

When I complete all 13 workouts, I can get a new pair of fitness shoes.  I've been eyeing either a new pair of No Bull shoes or some new Reebok Nanos. 

I'm going to mostly stick with my dvd/ streaming workout through July.  Well, that and spinning but I guess that's streaming since I stream my Peloton workouts lol.  I will do 1-2 CrossFit style workout cause I do enjoy them. Then in Aug, I'll decide what to do,  Maybe a month of CrossFit style workouts with my new Nanos or No Bulls.  

And then in Sept I might just start lifting super heavy again. Build up as much muscle as I can.  The more muscle I have the more calories I'll burn and I'm at that age where I'm losing muscle pretty easy.  I don't want to be one of those little old ladies in the nursing home who can't get themselves off the toilet cause they are not strong enough. So I'll spend a few months building muscle, getting stronger, so I won't lose more muscle mass, and I won't be one of those little old ladies in the nursing home cause I'm to weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...