Friday, October 15, 2021

So I suck at blogging LOL

 But at least I'm getting a little stuff done fitness wise.  

I've managed to lose 3.4lbs since late Aug when I really started to loosely tracking my food intake.  

I'm trying to do a Peloton Power Zone challenge, but to be honest,  while I'm enjoying it some, its not my thing,  Cardio has NEVER been my thing.  Oh, I don't mind cardio here and there, but as the mainstay of my workouts, um NO.    So I think I'll slog through for the rest of the month then switch over to this. 

The STS system from Cathe Friedrich  A set of 40, yes, 40 workouts.  3 workouts a week, in 4 week mesocycles.  Weight training which is my jam!  I love me some weights.   

The first 4 weeks had a endurance focus.  Lots of reps, lighter weights less rest in-between sets.   Then you take a week to deload or so other stuff.

Then the next 4 weeks is muscle building.  Heavier weights, slightly fewer reps, a little more rest.  And another week off, or to do light stuff.

Then the last 4 weeks, strength.  Heaviest weights you can manage, fewer reps, and long rest periods.  This of course will be my favorite meso lol.  

I've had this set forever.  I mean since it came out several years ago.  I've done meso 1 but I've not managed the whole thing.  I want to do the whole thing. So I think Nov 1 I'm going to start it. 

I might add in 1 cardio workout and 1 yoga/stretching type of workout.  I have lost so much flexibility in the last few years  I don't want to lose anymore, and if I could manage to gain back a little, that would be great.

I promise, with starting the STS rotation, I'm going to blog more often.  I'll do a breakdown of the workout and how it went. I'll also take measurements before during and after my rotation.  I might even (ugh) take pictures of myself before, during and after my rotation.  

I'm planning on getting serious with tracking my calorie intake and ensuring I'm getting enough protein cause I want to build up muscle.  That's my main goal.  Build muscle and lose inches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...