Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Bottom Up!

 I found these old VHS, yes, the antique VHS copies of the workouts Joyce Vedral put out years ago, Bottoms Up.


And I did the ab one, or rather, I did as much of the ab one as I could manage this weekend.  My abs are WEAK AF.   And while Joyce did 15 reps, I might get 8-10 done.  Oh ok, there were some of the moves I literally laid on my mat, bitching, cause I just couldn't.  I mean I COULDN'T get my abs to move to do that move.  Not 1 rep.  

This week, I did the Upper body on Monday and I loved it.  I really did. I forgot how much of a hoot Joyce is during the workout.  "This is not a game"  I also loved how she was talking about working on your back/shoulders can help hide a big butt and I'm like "But I want a bigger butt" 😂

Tuesday, I did the Lower body, and I just didn't like it as much.  I mean it's not bad I just don't enjoy it as much as I did the upper body workout.    A couple of the moves felt a little weird, off somehow.    Oh well.  I'm still glad I did it cause I worked on my body.

Today, 45 min on the treadmill.  I have a Peloton treadmill, and I LOVE the scenic walks.  I pick a place I'll never get to see in real life, put on i-Pod and pretend I'm really walking in the mountains of Austria.   I actually hit my step goal, 8000, for the day.  First time in probably a week.  I just don't wanna move this time of year.  Sitting and reading, or playing video games, that's all I want to do.  But that doesn't help my cardiovascular system, my bones, my muscles, or my belly get smaller.  So I really need to get up and get moving more, even when I'd rather just hunker down and hibernate like a bear, and lounge and rest and read and relax until spring.

2 comments:

  1. Call the police! LOL I love when she says those things. I have a hard time with abs. The exercises where you have to lift your butt off the ground? I can't. I have to be careful as I have a lot of low back/hip issues. I can do a lot of them, just not well. LOL Glad you enjoyed your treadmill walk! Do you ever listen to audible books? They can be $$$ though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't get into audible. I read so much anyway, over 60 books not counting the rereads of favorites, audio books just don't go fast enough. I just listen to my favorite music, and look at the pretty scenery.

      Delete

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...