Wednesday, December 13, 2023

I need to get back to calorie counting

 Or rather macro tracking, but for simplicity sake, calorie counting.

But I'm just to lazy right now.  I was doing very good tracking  during the spring and summer.  I use this


I switched when My Fitness Pal decided to put their barcode scanner behind a paywall.  This one still has the barcode scanner in the free version.  So I'm using this. Or I was, until I got lazy about Halloween time and I've really not tracked more than a handful of days since then 😳

So I'm going to get back into working my way up to tracking my food by going slow.  First, until the new year, I'll use this method.  Just write down what I eat.  Don't mind calories, don't mind macros, just write it down.

And this is what I use.


This is a Happy Planner big teacher planner.  I have a whole bunch of pages I picked up off a swap site for next to nothing.  I use my white out and I turn it into this.


Sometimes I put pretty day stickers down, or use stickers that day Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Supper, Snack and use stickers across the top for the weekdays.  But I don't do it often cause I don't have that many stickers LOL.  

This helped me back early this year, like at the beginning of the year, get into the habit of writing down my food.  Then I worked on tracking breakfast on Cronometer for a couple weeks, and adding on more meals until I was tracking 5-6 days a week.  Then I broke the habit, and it's back to step 1 all over again.  
Probably why my weight loss has stalled.  I'm not tracking my food, not weighing, measuring, just eating.  But I'm getting back into it, so it's all good to have a minor break, as long as I get back to it.

I'm also well, not enjoying my full body workouts that much.  I never had really enjoyed full body work.   So maybe I'll go back to Joyce workouts, but follow the book until the new year.  I mean, I have the Bottoms Up book, I could just follow it for a couple weeks, then go right into my Year One Challenge for Women.  

Things to think about. 

1 comment:

  1. I have often thought of doing that with other planners, such as EC which is my true love. Great job with that. I like the lines as I'm not a neat writer. LOL Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...