Thursday, December 28, 2023

It should be illegal!

 I mean it really should just be illegal to have any and all metabolic blood work drawn during the holiday seasons.   Ok maybe if you have been very low and all the snacking and cheating would make it better.  But for the rest of us, it should be illegal.

Yes I had fasting blood work drawn today.   It wasn't bad, thank goodness.

My fasting blood sugar was only 100, which actually is pretty good.  My A1C was 6.1 which is the same as last time.  I really REALLY want to get it under 6.  But I've been cheating quite a bit in this last month. so I know that didn't help it go down.   

But I had a very wise dietician when I worked in a dialysis unit tell our patients more than once, it's less what you eat between Thanksgiving and the New Year, and more what you eat between the New Year and Thanksgiving.  So as long as my diet gets back on track in the next couple days, I guess it's all ok.  Or will be.   My next round of lab work will be in mid March so in about 3 months, I'll be able to see if my A1C is any better. 

I've been going through this book

I forgot how great a book this is.  I hear there is a new version of it out, and maybe I might just try to pick it up sometime.  But I forgot how many workout programs there are in this book.  I might just have to pick one and do it.  Last time I did one of his programs, I had great results, even if my diet at the time wasn't that great.
I also picked these up

These are the Rincon 3.  They are pretty dang comfy.  I'm planning on walking on my treadmill in the mornings 3-4 times a week just to get my blood flowing and my step count up a little bit.  Once winter finally ends, yes I know it has hardly begun, I'm going to walk outside with my fat beagle Odin, but for now, treadmill it is. 

Not much to say right now.  Just deciding what workouts to do for the next 4-6 weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...