Sunday, February 4, 2024

Back to Cathe, the Firm and Peloton

 

But first, I have these coming to my mailbox tomorrow.      I sometimes can't help myself with CVG LOL.  

I also found this 


I found it  And I read it, ok I read some parts of it, and skimmed other parts.  But reading this really made me want to get to using my Firms again.  I have used them off and on sine 1993, when I found Vo 2 in a video store.  Now, I had CRAVED them since I was a teen in the 80s, and saw the commercial for Vo 1 but well we didn't have a VHS player, my parents were "mean" and wouldn't buy one.  But after I had my first daughter, in 1993, we were out in the mall, looking at a video store, and I saw Vo2.  And I snagged it up right away!    Then a couple weeks later I found Vo 1.  I alternated the 2 with some walks outside, and lost all my baby weight. 

I now have a whole bunch of Firms.  Most of the older ones. I'm not as much a fan of the newer ones.  But the older ones, ones from the 80s and 90s.  I love them. 

I was going start Year One challenge for women with a friend.  She'd do her workouts where she lives, cause she's a few hours away from me, I do mine and we check in with each other.  But between illnesses and she got a little hurt, we're gonna have to put it off for a while.  Maybe in March or April. 

So my plan B is doing my Cathe, Firm and Peloton stuff for a while.  I think if I do a blend of the heavy weights from Cathe, pure cardio of Peloton, and the lighter weights of the Firm, that will be a great.

I ended my Wonder Woman rotation at the end of Jan.  It was fun sort of.  I liked the lifting, but well, it's supersets, doing one move, then immediately doing another move,  and in a smaller home gym, the set up between the two moves can be a PIA.   But other than that, I did enjoy getting back to lifting heavy again.  I probably would have had better results had my eating been better.  But well, winter makes me just want to eat all the carbs and nap all the time. So my eating wasn't the best.  But I do think the lifting helped my blood sugars cause they have been pretty good overall.   Thank goodness.

I'm hoping by mid March or early April my friend will be ready to lift and we can "do" our program together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Had my Well Woman today... ugh

 Ok so maybe it's not the worst thing ever, but ladies, I think we all know that the "scootch to the edge of the table and put your...